Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thursday February 14, 1991

Valentine's Day and Granny's 75th birthday! I handed in my essay for Society class and another one for English A. Brian and I went to the Neil Young concert at Maple Leaf Gardens. It was Neil Young & Crazy Horse, with Sonic Youth and Social Distortion opening. We didn't see any of the opening acts because when I met Brian at Sheppard Station he realized that he forgot the tickets at home. We ended up going back up to Finch and taking the Steeles 53 back to his house, grabbing the tickets and then catching a cab to the subway. It was quite the adventure and in the end we showed up just before Neil went on stage. Although the concert was great musically, it was a bit disappointing in that Neil literally didn't say a word between songs. You would think coming back to Canada he would talk to the crowd - an anecdote, memory - something. Anything. But he never made a peep. The set included:

Mansion on the Hill
Cinnamon Girl
Keep on Rockin' in the Freeworld
Like a Hurricane
Hey Hey My My
My Boy
Blowin' in the Wind

No comments: