Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

Tuesday August 9, 1988


I went back to The Players International Tennis Championship. We saw Kevin Curran. Granny and the Zarvinskys came over for dinner in honor of Vicky's anniversary. Wayne Gretzky was traded to Los Angeles.

(Note: a crazy story around the Gretzky trade is that a kid who played tennis at The Valley told me that Gretzky was going to be traded - at least a week before it happened! This kid's mom was somehow connected to Janet Jones and knew the inside story of what was going on. Michael Landsberg was already on TSN and a member of The Valley also. I asked him if he heard that Gretzky was going to be traded and he basically berated me for believing that was even a possibility. Well he eventually came and apologized and from that day forward Landsberg would always remember me. Years later when he started Off The Record I contacted him about an internship and used the "Gretzky card". I got the gig.)

No comments: